Wednesday, October 22, 2014

An Update On My Fallen Faeries Comic and ComicsExperience.com

It may look like I haven't been doing any work on my comic series, Fallen Faeries, but I've actually been very busy with it. I chose to work on part of it as an assignment for a comic class. I've gotten some wonderful critiques and advice that I hope will make this comic even better. Tonight wrapped up that class, and it was a great one. I want to thank Comics Experience for all their wonderful courses and the people that make them possible. Reilly Brown and Robert Atkins have been great teachers and helped me improve so much, so I want to say a special thanks to both of them.

From figure drawing to making full fledged comic pages, my classes were a really fun, if challenging, experience. If anyone reading this is interested in taking some great college level comic making classes, I highly recommend you check out comicsexperience.com. They have great stuff, including courses, an online workshop, and now even publishing through IDW. There are some very nice and awesome people over there, and it's a great opportunity for anyone who loves comic creation. I might have become a full time workshop member except I already spent my share of money for now on classes.

Anyway, I revamped the first two pages of Fallen Faeries based on some good advice. The trees were very off for one thing. Then there was the fact that the characters had eyes that were a little too high on their faces. That and a few extra rendering additions later made these: