Thursday, June 20, 2013

Camp NaNoWriMo and The Siren's Apprentice

By seeing the word NaNoWriMo in the title of this post, some of you may be thinking I've lost it. The last time I attempted NaNoWriMo, I had a difficult time dealing with the writing. This is a little different, though. This is Camp NaNoWriMo, and it's this July.

So what is Camp NaNoWriMo? It's a smaller scale version of the main event in November, but it's during spring and summer. The nice thing about it, is that the word count is much more flexible. I won't have to write 50,000 words this time. This will just give me an excuse to finally get The Siren's Apprentice done.

So far, the romance adjustments are coming along nicely. I've definitely been making an effort to exercise more. I'm actually vacationing with my grandparents, cousins, and aunt in the mountains. The weather is hot but nice. There really is nothing else like fresh mountain air. My cat is obsessed with watching the chipmunks. Don't worry, I haven't let her catch any, and I don't plan to. It is cute, though.

Anyway, my goal is to publish The Siren's Apprentice some time in August. I just have to write a few more scenes and do some re-writing, and I'll be done with the improved romance development. I'm trying to get that done before July so I can just write forward from where I left off before. After that, I'll do a lot of polishing and editing, then I will do my utmost to release the book before this summer ends.

Thank you to everyone who has supported me by buying my book and reading this blog. I really appreciate it. Later folks!