It's nine days into NaNoWriMo. The words are coming, the creative energy is flowing--and I'm 4000 words short.
OMG!Don't panic. I just need to write about 40000 more words in 21 days. AHHHHH!!!!!!!!!
My solution to this is simple. Caffeine and late weekend nights in my Fortress of Solitude.
--Fortress of Solitude definition: a more impressive name for my room...which needs to be cleaned again
My masterful plan in depth is:
1. Write whether I want to or not. Procrastination is a sin.
2. No excuses like: But I'm too tired!(This is what caffeine is for. Any halfway intelligent person knows this.)
3. When I actually have free time, don't make a web based choose your own adventure game, WRITE!
4. No excuses like: But my sister's blasting music!(There are other places to write aside from the fortress.)
5. When I crave coffee, drink it. The masters have been doing it for years. Maybe it's time I started.
6. No excuses like: But the internet isn't working!(Google Docs isn't the only way to write! Even if the power died for a week, there are still candles, pen and paper.)
7. Don't give up on Pepsi because of my new love for coffee. Soda is one of the five basic food groups. Drink it or else!
8. No excuses like: But I have no inspiration!(What? Did Thomas Edison give up on inventing the light bulb because of inspiration issues? No! Did Albert Einstein give up on figuring out the theory of relativity because of inspiration issues? Hell no! This is neither the invention of the light bulb or the discovery of the fabric of space time. This is the writing of a novel. It doesn't take a genius or their inspiration to do it.)
9. Take advantage of the weekends. Write like the wind! Write like there isn't a month left...because there isn't. Do not waste those precious extra hours of free time staring at a computer screen. Heck! I shouldn't even be blogging while there's still time!(No offense to you guys. I just like being the queen of overdue blogging too much to give up my title.)
10. Well... I just wanted there to be ten things on this list, so here's number ten!
Pretty awesome right? The effectiveness of this plan is so good, it will probably only last me five minutes. I will then go back to my old procrastinating ways.
Well, despite that, I will finish The Siren's Apprentice, whether it takes me to the ends of the earth or it just stays in my fortress of solitude. Keep checking for updates on Smashwords.com. There might be a new chapter when you least expect it. ;)
Here's the link to the Smashword's book - https://www.smashwords.com/books/view/251397
Check out my website to get the Ocean's Call for $0.99 - http://www.elisabethniederhut.com/