Saturday, November 3, 2012

NaNoWriMo is Here!

I am a truly bad blogger. This post is two days overdue! Well, better late than never. =)

So, the exciting month of noveling has finally arrived. The Siren's Apprentice is on a roll. The Ocean's Call is $0.99. Chapter one is on Smashwords, and it's 100% free!

I went to a write in at Stella's Coffee Hause this morning. Typically, I added too much sugar and honey to my coffee. It was a nice place to work. I met a really nice woman who I sadly can't remember the name of. Remembering names is not one of my many talents, so sorry to everyone I've ever done that to.

I talked and procrastinated most of the time, but I did finish chapter one. It took me two days  longer than I would have liked, but it's done and ready to read.

It took me awhile to write this opening chapter because I wanted to get it just right. I edited way too much by NaNoWriMo standards. The whole point is to just pound out your rough draft. Hopefully I can say goodbye to my inner editor this month, but that's pretty unlikely. Oh well. :)

So, if you're interested, you can download and read chapter one on Smashwords. Keep in mind that it is not officially published. It is just the rough draft and part of Smashwords's NaNoWriMo program. It will only be available during this month, and it will only be free during this month. Don't think that means it isn't copyrighted, though. ;)

Here's the link to the Smashword's book - https://www.smashwords.com/books/view/251397

Check out my website to get the Ocean's Call for $0.99 - http://www.elisabethniederhut.com/