Wednesday, July 18, 2012

The Ocean's Call as a Podiobook?! What's a Podiobook?

While checking out my new friend, Smashwords.com, I found out about a cool website called Podiobooks.com. This begs the question, What on earth is a podiobook?
A podiobook is an audiobook that is presented like a podcast. This site hosts free podiobooks from indie authors and publishers.
I personally love audiobooks. I like listening to them and making them. So, since I'm an indie author with a passion for this kind of thing, I've decided to give Podiobooks.com a try.
It will take me awhile to record The Ocean's Call. I still have to set up my mini(make that VERY mini) recording studio. Fortunately, my dad is a musician, and he's letting me borrow his high tech microphone.
It will be a lot of work to make a podiobook, but it sounds like fun. The first episodes should start showing up in March 2013 with weekly updates. Around the time all the episodes are online, book two should be available in print and as an ebook. =)